Founded in 1885,
St Andrew’s Preparatory in Grahamstown (Eastern Cape) has been a top quality educational facility for over 129 years. The School’s entire pupil body amounts to approximately 270 children from Pre-Primary to Grade 7. Each child is educated in a caring environment so that he or she can develop to their full potential. Prep is a nurturing family school where each child receives individual attention in all facets of schooling, from the classroom to the sports field.
Prep is filled with fun and laughter; a place where sound discipline is balanced with love and regard for individual rights. We seek to live out a Christian ethos as an Anglican foundation within a muliti-cultural society.
We are committed to providing a holistic educational programme based on these principles:
- The concern for individuality and independent thought
- The development of a positive self-image and respect for others
- The dedication of growth orientated, caring teaching staff
- The application of current educational principles to satisfy the needs of boys and girls with a wide range of abilities in an inclusive atmosphere
- The value of communication with the entire school community
- The spirit of love, fairness, honesty and loyalty.
Our success is measured in terms of confident, happy boys and girls who leave the School equipped to continue to face he challenge of the contemporary world with courage and sensitivity.
Welcome from the head